Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Change

I have been on 2 CCME's now, and I have to say that it’s been the people on both trips who have really inspired me, and have really helped make my mission experiences truly gratifying. This year, with such a small group, I can say that we have become a family of like-minded individuals who stepped into a journey of change.  Change, not only within ourselves, but a change in our perspectives, and how we see the world of the world in which we live, stepping out of our comfort zones to achieve such a task.  It's really moving to be around a group of students who endured a trip that was filled with heaviness and confusion at times to come out as a more informed individuals of the issues that plague our society.  Issues like hunger, human trafficking, race relations, police brutality, gentrification, and poverty in 3rd world countries, just to name some of what we encountered. I am forever grateful for the amount zeal and comfort our mighty group of 7 has given. They allowed me to be myself, and where there for me when I was sorting through all of the weighty emotions I had to sort through in myself.  As I took part in my last CCME mission experience I’ve realized that Margaret Mead’s words still hold true, “that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

All my Best,

Aaron

 

No comments:

Post a Comment